Klaus Multiparking ANZ Pty Ltd
ACN 611 130 02
1 Your rights in relation to privacy
Klaus Multiparking ANZ Pty Ltd ACN 611 130 020 (Klaus) understands the importance of protecting the privacy of an individual’s personal information. This statement sets out how Klaus aims to protect the privacy of your personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information managed by Klaus and the way Klaus collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information.
In handling your personal information, Klaus will comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and with the 13 Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act. This statement maybe updated from time to time.
2 What kinds of personal information does Klaus collect?
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual. During the provision of its products and services, Klaus generally only collects personal information about you to the extent you are an individual customer, or acting as the representative or contact person (whether in your capacity as a director, employee, contractor or otherwise) on behalf of a commercial customer, supplier or other entity with which Klaus has or intends to have a commercial relationship.
Generally, the kinds of personal information Klaus collects about you include:
- your name and contact details such as telephone and facsimile numbers and email and postal addresses; and
- if you are a representative or contact of a customer, supplier or other entity with which Klaus has or intends to have a commercial relationship, information about your role with that customer, supplier or entity.Klaus may also collect personal information about you if you are applying for a role within Klaus including information about your skills, qualifications and employment history and, if relevant, sensitive information including health and/or criminal record information necessary for Klaus’ assessment of whether you are able to perform the inherent requirements of the particular role.In some circumstances Klaus may also hold other personal information provided by you.
3 How does Klaus collect personal information?
Generally, Klaus collects your personal information directly from you, through the completion of a manual or online form, an interaction or exchange inperson or by way of telephone, facsimile, email, post or through the use of the Klaus website. There may be occasions when Klaus collects your personal information from other sources such as from:
- the entity you represent, where necessary for Klaus to provide its products and/or services to that entity through you;
- a business reference, for the purpose of Klaus assessing whether to enter into a commercial relationship with you or the entity you represent;
- an existing or potential customer or supplier where they provide your details for the purpose of being a business reference;
- an information services provider;
- a publicly maintained record or other publicly available sources of information including social media and similar websites; or
- if for recruitment purposes, an external recruitment or background screening services provider.
Generally, Klaus will only collect your personal information from sources other than you if it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect your personal information from you.
4 Why does Klaus need your personal information?
Klaus collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information where it is reasonably necessary for the purposes of:
- providing its products and services including the manufacture and supply of mechanical car stackers and other parking solutions;
- identifying and liaising with you as a customer, or a representative of a customer, supplier or any other entity with which Klaus has or intends to have a commercial relationship, about your personal or business-related (as applicable) parking challenges, requirements and solutions;
- establishing new points of contact with an existing or potential customer, supplier or other entity with which Klaus has or intends to have a commercial relationship;
- assessing whether Klaus will buy products or services from, sell products or services to, or otherwise enter into a commercial relationship with, a particular entity;
- accounting, billing and other internal administrative purposes;
- identifying and informing you of products and services from Klaus or selected third parties that may be of interest to you or the entity you represent; and
- assessing your application for employment with Klaus or otherwise for the purpose of engaging you as a contractor or consultant. Klaus may also use your personal information for purposes related to the above purposes and for which you would reasonably expect Klaus to do so in the circumstances, or where you have consented or the use is otherwise in accordance with law.Where personal information is used or disclosed, Klaus takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure it is relevant to the purpose for which it is to be used or disclosed. You are under no obligation to provide your personal information to Klaus. However, without certain information from you, Klaus may not be able to provide its products and/or services to you.
5 To whom does Klaus disclose your personal information?
Klaus discloses your personal information for the purpose for which Klaus collects it. That is, generally, Klaus will only disclose your personal information for a purpose set out at paragraph 4. This may include disclosing your personal information to:
- business references (to the extent necessary to identify you for the purpose of obtaining the reference);
- third parties engaged to perform administrative or other business management functions;
- people or entities considering acquiring an interest in Klaus’ enterprise or assets;
- Klaus’ professional advisors (including insurance providers), contractors, consultants and related bodies corporate; and
- regulatory bodies.
Klaus’ disclosures of your personal information to third parties are on a confidential basis or otherwise in accordance with law.Klaus may also disclose your personal information with your consent or if disclosure is required or authorised by law.
6 Overseas disclosure
Klaus operates globally and is head quartered in Germany. Accordingly, Klaus may disclose personal information to recipients in Germany to the extent necessary to provide its products and/or services and for administrative or other business management purposes.
Overseas recipients may have different privacy and data protection standards. However, before disclosing any personal information to an overseas recipient, Klaus takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure the overseas recipient complies with the Australian Privacy Principles or is bound by a substantially similar privacy scheme unless you consent to the overseas disclosure or it is otherwise required or permitted by law. If you have any queries or objections to such disclosures, please contact Klaus’ Privacy Compliance Officer on the details set out in paragraph 10.
7 Direct marketing
Klaus may use and disclose your personal information in order to inform you of products and services that may be of interest to you or an entity you represent. In the event you do not wish to receive such communications, you can opt-out by contacting Klaus via the contact details set out in paragraph 10 or through any opt-out mechanism contained in a marketing communication to you.
8 Security of your personal information
Klaus takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information it holds is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Klaus holds personal information in both hard copy and electronic forms in secure databases on secure premises, accessible only by authorised staff.
Klaus will destroy or de-identify personal information in circumstances where it is no longer required, unless Klaus is otherwise required or authorised by law to retain the information.
9 Can you access and correct the personal information that Klaus holds about you?
Klaus takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure personal information it holds is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to access and seek correction of your personal information that is collected and held by Klaus. If at any time you would like to access or correct the personal information that Klaus holds about you, or you would like more information on Klaus’ approach to privacy, please contact Klaus’ Privacy Compliance Officer on the details set out in paragraph 10 below. Klaus will grant access, and correct personal information, to the extent required or authorised by the Privacy Act or other law. Upon making a request, you may be required to provide proof of identity and/or provide further details of your request. Klaus endeavours to respond to requests within 30 days and, if refusing your request, Klaus will notify you of the refusal in writing.
10 How to contact us
For further information or enquiries regarding your personal information, or if you would like to opt-out of receiving any promotional or marketing communications, please contact Klaus’ Privacy Compliance Officer on 1300 455287 or at email@example.com.
11 Privacy complaints
Please direct all privacy complaints to Klaus’ Privacy Compliance Officer so that, if necessary, they can be appropriately investigated. Privacy complaints are treated seriously, promptly and confidentially and you will be notified of the outcome of your complaint. Complaints will not affect your existing obligations or affect the commercial arrangements between you and Klaus.
In the event that you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Klaus Multiparking ANZ Pty Ltd
ABN: 82 611 130 020 | ACN: 611 130 020
414-426 Lower Dandenong Road | Braeside | VIC 3195 Phone: 1300 4KLAUS | +61 1300 455 287 firstname.lastname@example.org | www.multiparking.com.au